Your privacy is very important to IWD. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that IWD collects in our business, including through the Website and the ways in which IWD uses that personal information.
Australian Privacy Principles
“Sensitive information” is a subset of personal information and includes information about a person’s racial or ethnic origin, health information, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices and criminal record.
Collection of personal information
We collect personal information when we are dealing with or providing our services to you or your child. Generally, if appropriate, we will tell you why we are collecting personal information and how we plan to use it; otherwise these things will be obvious when we collect the information.
We may collect personal information such as your and/or your child’s name, address, phone number, email address, family details, financial information, health information and other information you provide to us. We may collect other personal information in the course of providing our services to you or your child.
If you apply for a job with us we may collect certain information from you such as your name and contact details, information about your working history and relevant records checks, from any recruitment consultant and from your previous employers, universities and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist us in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment.
We use your information to deal with, or provide our services to, you and/or your child and to comply with certain laws and regulations. We may also disclose your information to service providers, agents and contractors (for example direct debit companies, or debt collection agencies) from time to time to help us to provide our services to you or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
This policy details the kind of personal information that we collect in our business, including through the Website and the ways in which we use it.
We collect personal information from individuals in circumstances such as the following:
- When we meet or deal with an individual from an organisation wishing to do business with us;
- When a user visits the Website and sends an enquiry through or makes a comment or other post, through an email or via a social media platform;
- When a user signs up to receive marketing information;
- Where you are required to pay to purchase goods or services from us or third parties through the Website, we (or a financial services provider engaged by us or a third party) will (or that third party) also collect financial information such as credit card information, your mailing address etc.
Other types of information we collect
We collect information on visitors to the Website, including information on which areas of the Website are most often accessed and how long visitors visit those areas.
We collect information from the Website and your use of it, including information to assist us to identify the device upon which you use the Website, such as your device’s IP address, operating system and your email addresses, location-based data, searches and other information you may input into or access from the Website.
We may utilise “cookies” which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the Website. A cookie does not identify you personally, but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Rejecting cookies may have the effect of limiting your access to parts of the Website.
We may collect information about your computer or device, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Use and disclosure of personal information
We may use personal information for the purpose of marketing but only where such use complies with the Australian Privacy Principles.
We use the personal information collected from you for the purpose it was provided or collected, including in the following ways:
- For use for the purposes of collection described in section ‘Collection of personal information’;
- To respond to enquiries received from you;
- To perform authorised financial transactions with you;
- To enable the provision of location based services to you;
- To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten any user name or password;
- To communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our products or services, where you have requested or consented to receiving this from us or where this provision is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles;
- To notify you about changes to the Website.
To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so;
- To receive and address feedback or complaints from you;
- To protect our legal interests and fulfil our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary); and
- In other circumstances, with your prior consent.
All users and others with whom we interact have the option to opt-out of receiving email marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you.
We may disclose personal information, and you consent to us doing so, to our related entities for the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise advised under this policy.
If you request us not to use personal information in a particular manner at all, we will adopt reasonable measures to observe your request, but you acknowledge that use of the Website, may involve some use of your personal information and that following your request, we may still use or disclose that information if:
- you do not provide us with adequate time to address your request;
- we subsequently notify you of the intended use or disclosure and you do not object to that use or disclosure;
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for government or public security in the performance of their functions;
- you continue to use the Website;
- we are required by law to disclose the information.
In addition, our employees, contractors and other product/service providers who provide services related to our Website are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Personal information which we collect may be aggregated for analysis but, except in circumstances where you expressly or impliedly indicate that you wish to make the information available to others and to identify you, we will use best endeavours to ensure that individuals remain unidentified.
How Google uses data when you use the Website
For information as to how Google uses data as a consequence of use of the Website, please see the following on Google’s site: How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.
Please note also that we may, in connection with Google Platform Products that we use, collect process or disclose information that identifies or can be used to an infer an end user’s precise geographic location, such as GPS, wifi or cell tower data. We will only send such information to Google in an encrypted state or via an encrypted channel.
We may make some personal information available to businesses located outside Australia, for the purposes of those businesses providing hosting services and/or providing goods/services that enable the Website to function and for us to provide various features and track certain data and information. Those third party service providers agree with us that they will not to use or disclose the personal information for unrelated or extraneous purposes. These service providers are typically located in the United States of America, Singapore and the UK. Apart from these uses, we do not otherwise disclose information outside Australia.
Security of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information, including internal and external security, restricting access to personal information to those who have a need to know and maintain technological products to prevent unauthorised computer access and regularly reviewing our technology to maintain security.
We treat website and credit card security seriously and endeavour to provide a secure, safe platform through which to conduct transactions (if any).
Questions, concerns and access to your personal information
You are entitled to have access to any personal information relating to you which you have previously supplied to us. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold at you please write to us using the contact details provided below.
In the event that our business is ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganised or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law, our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained therein to a third party acquiring the assets.
Changes to and limitations of this policy
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Such changes will be updated on the Website following the making of such changes.
If you wish to make an inquiry regarding any personal information relating to you which may be in our possession, contact:
Inner West Dance Melbourne Pty Ltd
Unit 11, 44-56 Hampstead Road
Maidstone VIC 3012